Thursday, April 06, 2006

Henry and the Loonerizer Hunt

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I am hot on the trail of an evil loonerizer ray weilding supervillain, and also searching for some chamomile tea, which has apparently been stolen by a couple of monkeys.

"Halt," I call commandingly to a suspicious looking thug. "Uh... sorry, officer..." I move on, determined to discover the identity of the nefarious fiend that has been terrorizing the area with such a devious and evil device.

"Halt," I call commandingly to a suspicious looking thug. "Uh... sorry." I suspect that the old lady is probably not a thug after all. Most thugs do not use walking frames.

But wait! What is that my superhuman senses have suddenly detected. Yes, it is the distinctive odor of chamomile tea, emanating from the old woman's shopping bag. "Ah, ha! I have you now, you shapeshifting monkey monster, you!"

"..." replies the evil simian creature, as though it is stunned into silence or something. Evil simian creatures can be excellent actors.

"And now I will wreak vengeful justice, right after I help you to cross the street."

"Oh, crap!" It seems the hideous monster has found its voice at last, no doubt due to the fear and trepidation that courses through it's tiny brain at the thought of my fearsome vengeance, "Not you again!" Something that feels exactly like a handbag with a brick in it crashes with great forcefulness into my head, causing only slightly major concussion, because I am a superhero and not easily concusserized.

The suddenly she is gone, as though she is an evil disappearing thing. Or as though I am heavily concussed and barely aware of what is going on around me.

Damn those evil disappearing things.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

ahhh I've been waiting for the sequel for soooo long. I loved the little lady who didn't want to cross the street :)

5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home