Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Really Quite Interesting Post In Which Henry Triumphs Over the Mechanoid

...the mechanoid is undamaged, its main gun finally aimed directly at my house, small calibre weapons preparing to cut me to pieces, robotic brain no doubt concocting some fiendish taunt to hurl at my lifeless body as it is cut to shreds by a hail of hot lead.

I search my amazing brain for the correct response. Ah, there it is. "Bugger," I say with much cleverness, while simultaneously using my amazing powers of cut and paste to avoid writing any new stuff.

Suddenly there is a deafening crash. It appears a power pole has been felled by my miniature rockets. There is a tremedous electrical discharge as the line lays itself down accross the evil mechanoid monster. Chain lightning arcs impressively about the beast, like some kind of thing that is kind of like chain lightning arcing impressively about a monstrous mechanoid tank-like creature.

My super powers of metaphoricalizing fail me at this most inopportune moment due to the amazing spectacle that assails my senses, and also because of the tremendous electrical discharge that arcs spectacularly accross my body.

"Ouch," I remark casually as my body sails through the air and lands in a crumpled heap on the footpath. I am blissfully unaware of this, and of the extreme pain, since my awareness seems to have just popped off down to the pub for a beer, and is currently chatting up the disembodied spirit of that actress chick from that show - you know the one.

"So," she says, "Where are you from?"

"Anywhere but here." We nod knowingly a shared moment as the scene fades to nothingness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

sigh...snif, it's so romantic

10:41 pm  
Blogger carouselle10 said...

Yes, I know who you mean the one with the big bazooms no doubt. Well you've done it again. I am in serious awe how you manage to extract Henry every single time.

1:04 am  
Blogger Ben said...

lorraine:
Yes, isn't it. Bit of a change of pace is always good.

carouselle:
You know me too well.

7:36 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home