Monday, March 06, 2006

Henry Contemplates His Navel

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I am a particularly fine superhero. My superheroness knows no bounds. Well, not many. My superheroness knows relatively few bounds, particularly when compared to other more boundful heroes...

I clear my head and focus on the matter at hand. Well, my head is almost clear. It is clearish. Perhaps if I can stop thinking about clearing my head...

The rhyme lord tells me that if I can master several highly advanced meditation techniques I may be able to gain control of my time-shifting affliction, and possibly also avoid having my brain explode all over the place. After careful consideration I have determined that this would be a good thing to avoid.

So, I clear my mind, which is extremely easy for me to do, on account of being a masterful superhero of stupendous proportions. Yes, soon I will have this head-clearning thing all worked out, and will then be ready to move onto the next stage of my lesson - which will no doubt involve some form of trial by fire, or maybe an extremely dangerous quest, or something. I am amazed at how clear my mind is becoming. Why with each passing moment it is emptier and emptier. Soon my head will be so empty I will look like a complete imbercile. I think only of the emptiness of my mind. And pizza. I think of pizza a bit too. But that is ok, because pizza is very important.

With a gargantuan effort I forcibly clear my mind of all thoughts of pizza. Well, most of them. How can I resist just the tiniest inkling of a notion of a desire for such cheesy goodness? No doubt that is just what the evil overlord slave-master fiends would want. Damn them.

I clear my mind of all thoughts of hideously evil overload slave-master fiends...

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Om Mane Padme Ommmmmm cheeeeeese, oops!

10:09 pm  
Blogger carouselle10 said...

Clearing your mind is a lot like clearing a piece of land. There's always that one stubborn tree trunk that just refuses to go until you pull out the old T.N.T.

4:01 am  
Blogger Ben said...

This is the meaningful and clever response. Hope you enjoyed it.

7:54 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Well, I understood it, that's always good.

7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home