Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Henry and the Bomb

The office building explodes spectacularly. A massive chunk of some kind of building material stuff crushes me like the chicken that didn't quite cross the road. Or it would have/will. In the tiny fraction of a second that remains of life, I reach forth with my temporal awareness, grasp mentally at several fragile strands of reality, and twist them brutally with all of the panic in my brain, like a chicken that has been attempting to cross the road, and is now about to be brutally crushed by some kind of massive truck, or possibly a bus, or an anvil. Chickens are not very bright, you know.

I have time shifted thirty-five minutes into the past. Somewhere in the building before me there is a bomb. Because of my enormous intellect, and my brilliant superhero powers of deduction, I know immediately what must be done. There is only one course of action open to Henry the Adequate, superhero, noblest of the noble.

I heroically get the hell out of there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heroically getting the hell out of anywhere,.. is heroically inspiring.

11:12 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Yeah, good thinkin! but about the chicken, they understand sophisticated intellectual concepts...and probably got the hell out before you!

12:12 am  
Blogger carouselle10 said...

Feets don't fail me now!!!

4:27 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

If chickens are so damn smart.... Sorry, lost interest in that train of thought.

If feets are so damn smart..... sorry, again.

9:17 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

there you go...being sooooo fucking lazy again :)

1:07 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home