Thursday, February 23, 2006

Why are you here?

The following are much funnier/more interesting than I.

  • Ctrl+alt+del - This is really funny, not henry-the-adequate-funny, which should be a word in the dictionary, and the definition would be something like "***yawn*** thanks for coming."
  • Atland - This is really funny, not henry-the-adequate-funny, which.... but you know the rest. Also there are drawings of semi-naked women, which is a plus, although it is only updated weekly, which is a minus.
  • Humorix - Linux humour done good. Updated whenever.
  • The BOFH - The original sysadmin devilgod. You should read that instead of this.
  • The Mogambo Guru - who can be read weekly on The Daily Reckoning, and probably other places. Just google. I'm too lazy to do it for you. The Mogambo is funny and probably insightful - I can't tell - and gives really scary financial advice.
  • Concerned - This is really clever. This guy wrote a mod for some computer game thing which allowed him to control stuff, then used screenshots to write a comic, and there's explanations of how he did each strip and stuff. It is also funny and quite brilliant.
  • ShoweringNaked - Writes better than I ever will. I am but a worm not fit to lick her spittle. Do worms lick spittle? Do worms have tongues? ShoweringNaked would never use such a crappy metaphor.
  • Useless Advice from Useless Men - Thanks to the useless man for this one. Clearly superior in all ways, and helpful too.
  • Heinlein's Rules - Ok, so this is a link to a single article. The complaints department is right over there by the sign that says "All complaints will be treated equally - there is plenty of lighter fluid to go around". Simple, brilliant, and to the point. I was always good at number three. No matter how crappy my stuff was/is.
  • Terry Bisson - Some really neat short stories from this guy. I don't know, he's just some guy. Maybe you've heard of him. I hadn't. Definitely worth reading especially if you like good stories. If you like crap stories then I highly recommend David Eddings. I read the whole of the Belgariad - man that was awful.
  • Blog of Helios - Helios writes real good. And he knows a lot of stuff about Linux, even if he doesn't use Debian. Also he ends each post with "All-Righty Then", which is very classy.
  • Fawlty Towers - Just go and watch some reruns. No matter how many times you see them they will still be funnier than Henry the Adequate. Also, The Blackadder, Coupling, Mr Bean (no not the hidious movie), anything by Monty Python. Also, listen to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio plays, read the books, play "Starship Titanic".
  • The Bees Knees, Miss Ann Thrope, IT2M - see links over in the sidebar there.
  • The Dead Guy - A real cartoon, with drawings and stuff, but on blogger. Political, if you're into that kind of thing, which I'm not. What the hell is this one doing on my list?
  • My brand new weblog - as yet unnamed. I have discovered what people really want. Here's a sneak preview: "Feb 22 - Went to supermarket. I am so fucking interesting." See, much better than actual content. Update: Here it is.
If you'd like to suggest some more sites that are much better than Henry, I will be happy to add them here.

Henry did not write this.

15 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Sorry, no one is more interesting than you. And out of admiration I didn't use ADEQUATE, in my new blog called : Nottooshabbycommenttranslator.
I really wanted Adequatecommenttranslator, but I kinda regurgitated.
So you know, if you get a comment in French you send it to me and I'll translate it for you and you can even respond in French.
Well actually except for le tour du chapeau, you know the hat trick, cause I don't know hockey terms, but I can consult with Chuck you know ;) Can you start the ball rolling please, make up something, you know one day when you feel like working which we know never happens

12:54 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

oh...the shortened version is:
http://nottooshabbycommenttranslator.blogspot.com/
damn didn't work

1:02 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

sorry, I meant Keith ;)

1:26 am  
Blogger Useless Man said...

I was going to suggest my blog Useless Advice from Useless Men, but after reading some of your blog, I figure it's not really any better...

Never mind.

3:53 am  
Blogger carouselle10 said...

Good grief! What do you think I do sit in front of this computer all day, like I have nothing else to do?

4:40 am  
Blogger Ben said...

lorraine:
I do not have any kind of trademark on the word "Adequate" :)

Clickable link:
nottooshabbycommenttranslator

8:43 am  
Blogger Ben said...

useless man:
Great suggestion. That's waaaay better.

carouselle:
No I don't think that. Actually I think that I shall have some pizza.

8:47 am  
Blogger SquareGirl said...

Whomever wrote this since it was not Henry: As I am always searching for stuff to read that is not crap, I appreciate these links. My only problem is that I have no idea what Linux is, so these Linux-related sites are quite confusing. Still thanks, and I am SO looking forward to your new blog as I just cant get enough of people going on and on about their mundane lives which for some reason they believe is soooo fascinating. I mean, what can be better than posts on shopping trips, bad dates and arguments with ex-boyfriends and stuff...all so enlightening.

3:39 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

squaregirl:
Linux is an operating system. Gee, wasn't that helpful.

re my new weblog: Yes, I realized how very important and interesting and amusing "I went to the supermarket" is when Henry started getting thrashed in Battle of the Blogs by sites such as these. Clearly this is exactly the kind of stuff people want to read. And no, it can't possibly be that people are gaming the system over at BOTB.

Anyway, I'll get onto it soonish.

3:55 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Here it is:
I Am So Damn Good

4:08 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

you are soooo clickable, thanks for being HTML smarter than I

9:55 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Yur welcome. :)

10:57 pm  
Blogger SquareGirl said...

Oh that is tooooo funny! I thought you were kidding! I lve it!

Good, now I can stop reading Henry and read about how damn good you are as that is all I want to read about in a weblog!

2:03 am  
Blogger Useless Man said...

Thanks for the inclusion. Now I feel a little better than adequate. Instead of mildly adequate, it's more like sufficient.

I like that. Sufficient. Uselessly Sufficient.

2:43 am  
Blogger Ben said...

squaregirl:

I was kidding, but then I thought "What the hell", just like that, and went and did it anyway.

Uselessly sufficient man:
That has a nice ring to it. Which is not supposed to sound all gay or anything - Saying you have a nice ring. I have not seen your ring, and hope I never do. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

7:12 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home