Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Virus Hunter Henry

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a virus hunting superhero.

clickety click click. click click clickety.

clickclickclickclick clickety click clicky. click. click. double-click.

Ah, ha! I nailed that nasty virus thingy! No semi-random sequence of ones and noughts can stand against the might of my magnificent brain, for I am Henry the Adequate, superhero, expert computer guy, and all round neato mcgeato! Yes, those virus-writing supervillains did not reckon on the brilliant hacking skills of Henry the Adequate! Nor did they count on my stunningly clever use of excessive quantities of exclamation points!! "There, that should do it," I announce grandly.

"Thank you, Mister Hero. What's this message?"

"Oh, don't worry about that. Just hit the reset button, like this." I restart the computer.

"So how much do I owe you?" I can see that the computer-owning-person, who will for the moment remain descriptionless on account of me being lazy, is really really grateful for all my help.

"Oh, no, I don't work here - was just passing by and thought you looked like you could use some assistance," I explain reassuringly. The descriptionless one looks a bit uncertain at this point. "But I must be off now, for evil is afoot." I head for the computer store exit, to continue my tireless patrolling where I am needed most - out on the streets of this city, where the nasty and the ruthless prey on the innocent and the ruthful, and old ladies are not safe to cross the street without heroic intervention.

"Hey, what does Operating System Not Found mean?" But I am too busy to respond, for badness does not sleep, and neither does Henry the Adequate, superhero.

Well, sometimes I sleep.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

one click leads to another yeah yeah.....not always the smartest clicker here.

damn it, im a clicker

grrrrrrrrrrr!!

5:02 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I know I click you too often...there as so many other useless things I could do!

7:24 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Yes, but thanks for being here instead.

7:54 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home