Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Henry Released

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I have been released from the hospital, the charred remains of which will no doubt be rebuilt in no time. Actually I believe that particular hospital was scheduled to be knocked down anyway, in about fifty years. There is not a cage can hold me, no matter whether you call it a prison, or a cage, or a "burns unit", whatever that is.

"Mummy, why does that man have no face?"

"Quiet! Keep walking."

I may have no face, but I am no faceless stranger! Well, I may be slightly faceless, currently, but I am Henry the Adequate, superhero, and using my brilliant powers of regeneration I will soon be the faceful stranger. In the meantime it does hurt a bit. A lot.

But that is of no concern to me right now, for my first duty is to the people of this fine town, this world, this universe. I cannot rest in hospital like some whimpy almost-fatally-wounded burns victim while the forces of evil march forth accross the land, spreading their foul stench about like so many really dirty nappies.

I notice that I am lying down, a bit.

"Man, are you alright?"

No, not really. "Absolutely!" I reassure, like the superhero that I am.

"Ok then."

5 Comments:

Blogger carouselle10 said...

The selflessness is almost to painful to watch. Henry, when are you ever going to think of yourself?

4:02 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Thursday. Possibly Friday. Not sure.

6:59 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Did you incinerate Nurse Feelgood?

8:23 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Probably not, but you can have her back now. I'm done.

11:14 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I'll send her to Dr. Payne

11:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home