Thursday, February 16, 2006

Henry Looking for Trouble

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

Today I am field testing some modifications to my rocket-launcher. Fitting a proper blast shield turned out to be impractical on account of the size and weight of such devices. Instead I have managed to retrofit an airbag that I found just lying around in some guy's car. Perfect. And no doubt I will soon find an evil supervillain to try it out on.

Ah ha! There is an evil denizen of the night. I release the safety, prime the launcher, and sight on the foul creature so quickly that it barely has time to cross the street and wander slowly into a parking lot. But no, it is just a cat. Damn.

Ah ha! Now I have really found an evil minion of chaos! But no, it is just a dog.

Ah ha! Plastic bag.

Ah ha! Tree.

But wait! What could that be in the tree?! Oh, just a bird.

I think that I may have spotted some kind of evil harpie, or possibly a herd of rampaging cyber-elephants, a short way down the road, behind the gang of guys in ski masks with shotguns, but it turns out to be just a kid on a bike.

I move on, determined to find a suitable foe, no matter where the path takes me, or how long I must search these lonely streets. As it turns out the path takes me to The Seediest Bar in Seedsville. I do not want to go in and have, say, one or two drinks, but no doubt some kind of super-sixth-sense has brought me to this place, so venture forth I must. I have several drinks.

...

"You wanna see my rocket launcher?"

**SLAP**

"You wanna see my rocket laucher?"

"Sure, baby."

I show her my rocket launcher. **SLAP**

People are weird.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Queenie said...

You should be careful what you drink young man, a small sherry is more than enough.

11:14 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

OMG LOL ;)

11:34 pm  
Blogger carouselle10 said...

People blech! You can't live with them and you can't kill 'em. Unless your Henry of course.

1:01 am  
Blogger Ben said...

queenie:
Thanks for stopping by. Henry did try some Sherry. In fact she was one of the ones doing the slapping.

lorraine:
:)

carouselle:
Henry does not kill. Henry cleanses with his beautiful fires.

6:30 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home