Saturday, February 25, 2006

Henry in Training

"Concentrate!"

I focus the limitless powers of my brilliant brain on the problem at hand, causing all those layers of complexity to just melt away like ice cream before a flamethrower. "Why don't we break for ice cream?"

The rhyme lord sighs. "I am concerned that the twenty-first century nervous system may not be as advanced as I had thought. Of course, you understand what that could mean..."

"Yes, Ice cream it is then."

"The time displacements could cause strong bio-chemical and psycho-electrical reactions in your body, not to mention intense pyschic phenomena, agression, insanity, megalomnia, and eventually death by complete neural failure."

"Bio what?"

"Bio-chemical and pyscho-electric. Often manifested as superhuman speed, strength, enhanced senses, delusions of great personal importance, and since the whole thing begins with serious temporal ruptures in your beingness, symptoms could arrive well in advance of the events that cause them, sometimes years..." He stops speaking suddenly as though he has just come to some kind of realization about the fundamental nature of reality, or at least the fundamental nature of me.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"What kind of powers do you have?"

"I have superhuman strength, speed, and enhanced senses, plus the most brilliant mind in all of humankind." Does this fool still think I am a mere human? Can he not see the power of Henry with his own eyes?

"I see..."

"What?"

"Um... nothing. So... how's your brain feeling?"

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Have you ever tried praline and cream ice cream?
Have you ever had brain freeze?

11:01 pm  
Blogger carouselle10 said...

Ice cream always melts away my layers of complexities. Especially Maple Nut. It really slices right through them layers. Speaking of layers how about some cake to go with that ice cream?

1:25 am  
Blogger Rivi said...

Brilliant wit! Better than sex!

2:41 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

lorraine:
I don't think so.

carouselle:
Never ruin ice cream by adding anything else. Quality ice cream is perfect, just the way it is.


rivi:
Thanks :)

6:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just for the sake of me.....to cure a brain freeze just press your tongue up against the roof of your mouth.

4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home