Sunday, February 19, 2006

Henry in Recovery

"Henry," a lilting voice sings to me through the pain and darkness, "My name is nurse Feelgood. You're in hospital."

"Henry!" I hear June's voice also.

"Nurse what?"

"Nurse Feelgood."

I laugh. It hurts. I laugh some more. It hurts some more.

"Yes, um..."

I laugh some more. The excruciating pain continues to intensify with each chuckle.

"Must be the drugs," remarks June, with an embarassed cough.

"We haven't given him any drugs yet."

"Um..."

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave them laughing, I always say ;)
Nurse Feelgood

8:25 pm  
Blogger carouselle10 said...

I once knew a doctor whos name was Payne. He should have hooked up with Nurse Feelgood, may he would have become Dr. Les Payne!

11:59 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

lol yeah. Dr. Les Payne. Will have to steal that one sometime.

8:50 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Wouldn't it be amusing if the doctor was a female?
not that nurse feelgood's into that or anything.

8:27 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

I am uncertain. Perhaps if you type slower I might understand.

11:13 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Les........
Les..payne....
Lespayne....
Lespyain...
....
must I go on

11:29 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Perhaps you can try semaphore?

Must I continue to be deliberately obtuse? :)

7:31 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

yes please ...

8:43 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

ok then :)

10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home