Thursday, February 09, 2006

Henry and the Rhyme Lord - part 18

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I must find my axe so that I can write a very important review of a cd this guy gave me. Where is that damn axe. I am throwing things out of the hall cupboard, because the axe almost certainly is not there. (Well, obviously I am not going to find it by looking in the places I think it is, otherwise I'd already have the damn thing)

What the hell is this computer doing here. I toss the strangely alien looking device. It strikes the wall at almost exactly the same moment as the universe decides to wobble strangely for no apparent reason. Then the computer strikes the floor at almost exactly the same moment as the universe decides to wobble strangely and violently for no readily apparent reason. Weird coincidences those.

"Did you feel that!" The rhyme lord hurries through from some other place that I'm not going to bother describing now because it's all just too difficult, and besides I have some really important stuff to tell you.

The rhyme lord seems very agitated about something. I am going to ask him what that might be when he trips over the alien computer. Coincidentally another universal wobbling episode chooses almost exactly the same moment to occur. The rhyme lord is now staring at the boxy beige alien device as though it is a highly advanced piece of extraterrestrial technology that has somehow fallen into our hands. "Where did you get that?"

"Oh this?" I kick it in order to illustrate the point that it will take more than a mind-bogglingly, insanely advanced technological gadget to impress me. The universe wobbles again. I think perhaps it is preparing to give birth to something. "Just this old computer thingy I picked up, you know."

He manages somehow to gaze on the computer as though it is a wonderous, miraculous discovery while simultaneously gazing at me as though I am a complete moron. "I need to study this." He hurries away, computer grasped tightly, to some other room that I'm not going to describe right now because I don't do setting and atmosphere and all that crap.

"Yes, good idea, sidekick rhyme lord. You study that thingy, while I do some very important superhero work!" I go out for pizza.

7 Comments:

Anonymous keith said...

The darn ryhme lord distracted Henry from finding the axe and writing his CD review. I look forward to Henry's superhero insight into software & technology. Now we have to wait. Bummer :-(

1:21 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Ben?

2:16 am  
Blogger SquareGirl said...

Why does Henry always leave out the important stuff...like what KIND of pizza?

5:03 am  
Blogger carouselle10 said...

Aha! The game is afoot and the pizza is a pie.

5:47 am  
Blogger Ben said...

keith:
Just building the suspenders.

lorraine:
what?

squaregirl:
This is done in order to add an air of mystery to an otherwise dull and lifeless story.

carouselle:
Great line :)

7:00 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

what?
I mean comments about pizza makes you happy. No that's not it.
Damn your masterplan!

6:06 pm  
Blogger My mother says said...

Im telling you, they exist. See for yourself http://www.bestufopictures.com/

8:16 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home