Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Henry and the Rhyme Lord - part 17

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

"I've got it!" And I do indeed have the answer. I know how we can avoid the end of the universe. Everything will be ok now, because I, Henry the Adequate, superhero, have come up with the solution. "I do not see how we could have been so blind. Such fools were we. But the end of our quest is approaching like a rapidly approaching end."

"What do you have?" the rhyme lord asks as though he has just been awarded the role of 'skeptical friend #2' in a major motion picture - perhaps something about a dashing superhero with a flamethrower embedded in his forearm.

"Watch!" I grab my laptop computer and fire it up. "And to think the very answer to our problems was under our noses all along." I wait a while longer, until the computer has finished all that stuff it does, then click on the little firefox picture to start it. "See, I can just type this." I press the g button, followed by a couple of o's, another g, an l, and an e, then press the big button labelled "enter". After a moment the web page thingy finishes loading.

"I think I can see where you're going with this," remarks the rhyme lord.

"Excellent!"

"... and it's not going to work."

"Rubbish!" I do not like to be disagreeable, but clearly this rhyme lord needs to have a little faith. Who's the superhero here anyway. "Google know everything!" I explain, adding an exclamation point for good measure.

I type "how can we save the universe from spontaneously ceasing to exist any day now", then sit back with a flourish of contempt for the unbeliever. Hmmm. Nothing really useful there. I type "universal armageddon avoidance thereof". Still nothing, but I must be getting really close, because it took a lot longer to load this time.

...

"Ok, so maybe I don't have the answer just yet." A couple of hours have passed, and I have probably only read about half of the internet. Clearly I need to perservere, and if there is one thing Henry the Adequate, superhero, is good at, it is perspiring. Perservering.

9 Comments:

Blogger carouselle10 said...

Google shmoogle. Should have used Yahoo!

12:28 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

You're too google to be true ;)

2:02 am  
Anonymous keith said...

If only the rumors of Goobuntu could prove to be true. Then maybe the universe could be saved.

2:59 am  
Blogger Ben said...

carouselle:
Well since Henry is in the process of reading the entire internet I'm sure he'll get to that eventually.

lorraine:
:) Sorry, but these comments are supposed to be a pun-free zone.

keith:
Excellent point. You know it occurs to me that if Microsoft managed to take over the world by being barely adequate, Henry just might have a chance with this saving the universe thing.

PS the truth about Google is Here

7:06 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

There was a pun < O O > where ?

8:07 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

that sounded way too much like Henry...Have I become just another groupie? No shinny thing is worth that!!!!

9:51 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Henry lets me comments on other bloggers' comments, not sure about Ben though, so I'll be quick: but hey Keith, you have a beautiful family :)
btw, could you invite some of your male friends to view Henry the Adequate. Just a thought...I think it would help the male population (to laugh more) and other shiny things

9:59 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

My mistake. Well one of them. I am a mistake virtuoso.

Thanks for spreading the word.

10:09 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

as you said density kinda spreads out ;)

2:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home