Thursday, February 02, 2006

Henry and the Rhyme Lord - Part 15

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

Damn. I ignore the sharp pain in my toes and continue bravely on to the bathroom. Who left that computer there anyway? And why did the universe just wobble again, as though it is resting on a plate of some jelly-like substance? A discarded breast implant perhaps. I wonder if they come in different colours and flavours.

The rhyme lord calls from somewhere in the vicinity of his rhyme machine. "What was that? Did the universe just go through some kind of random quantum fluctuation in the metareality field?" I ignore him, because I have much more important things to do. Also, I prefer my explanation.

Some minutes have passed. I am feeling much better now. I grab the alien computer from where it rests on the living room floor and throw it into a cupboard. There is a wobble that is more of a massive shudder, as though the plate on which the universe rests has just been thrown into a cupboard. The Doctor's head appears from the time travel device. "Something weird is going on," he remarks.

"You mean apart from the end of the universe?"

"Yes."

I shrug the shrug of the supremely exhausted. "I will check it out in the morning." Now, I must sleep.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Nighty Night Henry, don't let the bed bugs bite

Nurse Feelgood

11:36 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I don't want to live in the past!

10:35 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Then don't comment on old posts :)

6:59 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I guess always being a day ahead makes the day before the other day, the past!
Dontcha start being too big for your britches boy,
oops that was my grandpa, he lives in the past a lot.

8:25 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Your grandpa is wise indeed.

9:41 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

No, I lied, I don't have a grandpa

1:24 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:25 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home