Monday, February 06, 2006

Henry and the End of Everything

Oh, no, it is happening. The end of the universe. I can feel it in my bones - a shuddering, quaking, terrifyingly deep feeling of inevitability, as though my very molecules are beginning to tear themselves apart.

I thought it would be instantaneous. I thought all of this would simply cease to exist - had not anticipated the eternal explosion of self that fills these last seconds like a wave filling the moat about my sand castle while at the same time tearing down its walls and mercilessly dashing my hopes of winning the gold prize for the most resiliant moat at the great summer moat-building carnival.

I am silent in my despair, unwavering in my determination to prevail over the forces of badness, yet also wavering slightly in my determination to resist blubbing like a baby.

The shuddering sensation is reaching a crescendo now, as my aching soul prepares to explode in a tremendous blast of psychic energy, and I am certain that this really is the end of...

...Sorry, false alarm. Only farted.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

LOL... I knew I smelled something

10:38 pm  
Blogger carouselle10 said...

Just like a man. At the most crucial of times they have to break wind. *shakes head*

1:10 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Lorraine:
That will just be those superhero subliminal smelly things that start with ph but I'm not going to look it up in the dictionary to get the correct spelling, and why should I anyway.

carouselle:
Apparently it is a survival mechanism of some kind.

6:59 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

no need to spell it out for me, please really

5:48 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

k :)

9:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home