Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Henry on Patrol Again

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

Today I roam the streets in search of supervillains. The end of the world may indeed be nigh, but for now there is still evil to fight in all of its nefarious forms, and I am still a superhero, and the mere mortals still need me to protect them from crime and badness.

"Watch it!" I berate an unpleasant looking individual as he charges from some kind of shop, or bank, or something, carrying a sack with dollar signs on it and a big gun, almost knocking me over in the process. People really need to slow down and take the time to enjoy life, you know. Everything doesn't need to be such a big deal. Let stuff take care of itself. "Take it easy man," I advise helpfully as he leaps into some kind of vehicle, which roars off in a cloud of suddenly gaseous rubberized substance that smells really bad and is probably not good for the environment.

"Which way did he go?" A policeman is suddenly on the scene.

"Who?"

He looks at me as though I am some kind of moron. I am uncertain why. "The guy with the gun who almost knocked you over just then. I lost sight, right after he went past you."

"Ah, the pollutionist. He got into a car of some kind," I report intelligently and with great detail, "and then it drove away some place."

"Damn."

"Do not worry, officer. I am Henry the Adequate, superhero, and I will bring this nasty criminal to justice for his crimes against the environment!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

I've never liked Henry more...down with those polluters.

7:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

henry, the pollutionist lives over my way. go outside, face north and turn right, then you may find him.

5:16 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Lorraine:
Yes, nasty polluters. You wouldn't catch me polluting, because I am too good at avoiding capture.

anonymous:
Thanks for the hint.

7:06 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home