Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Henry and the Rhyme Lord - Part 9

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I munch on my kebab like there is no tomorrow, which there probably isn't. Other patrons look at me strangely, as though they have never seen a superhero before, or at least not a naked one eating kebabs like there is no tomorrow. I do not care, since pretty soon there will be no tomorrow.

I purchase another kebab, then head for home, my feet padding silently on the footpath like a silent padding superhero who is the veteran of many strange adventures and is now waiting for the universe to cease to exists, possibly as a result of his own actions. On the plus side the kebab is very good.

Also, I will finally defeat my old arch-enemy, Doctor Death. Also I will have prevented my sister from carrying out her dastardly master plan, whatever it was. Also, the unwarranted and excessive use of the word "also" will finally cease. Also... but enough of that.

On the way home I rescue a kitten that is stuck in a tree. It is amazing how unstuck cats become when the thing they are stuck to bursts into a flaming inferno of deadly flames. I could describe the whole scene, and tell you how grateful everybody is even though they don't say it in so many words, possibly due to being busy fleeing the fire that has spread to some nearby cars and houses and things, but I am not going to.

Home at last I dress in something slightly less revealing than nothing at all, grab a beer, then check on the still sleeping rhyme lord. I shake him gently, like a monster storm gently shaking some trees into tiny little splinters, but he still does not wake.

Oh well, how hard can it be? I enter the Rhyme Machine and start expertly fiddling with the controls in a way that might seem random to you, but you do not have a superheroic brain like mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

LOL even though you kinda left us hanging in the last post...

11:11 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Left us hanging. I get it, I think.

7:16 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm sure you do, and frequently at that :)

5:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home