Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Henry and the Rhyme Lord - Part 4

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

"So, you destroyed the entire multiverse." The strange rhyme lord person has an odd sort of look on his face - kind of a mixture of reverence, revulsion, and disbelief.

"It was an accident."

"Accident? It's a disaster. Do you not understand what this means? The delicate balance of time/space vortices has been ruptured, and this universe will become increasingly unstable, until the whole thing collapses into a quantum singularity. Haven't you heard of a Cascading Reality Failure?"

"So?"

"So, we're all going to die."

"But, that will take millions of years, right?"

"If the information you have given me is accurate than I estimate, based on our point of departure from your time/space context, that the universe will end next Thursday at three oclock, give or take a week."

"Next thursday, give or take a week. So, just to be totally clear, the universe will end sometime between last thursday, and thursday week, right?" I am beginning to think that we may currently be in a spot of bother.

"Yes. That is approximately correct."

"... But you know a way to stop it, right?"

"No."

"Oh." I set my enormous super-intellect to work on the problem, certain that my brain will come up with the optimum solution, as it always does, and that I, Henry the Adequate, superhero, will save the day once again, though the cost in exploded brains be too high for a mere mortal to survive. Fortunately I am no mere mortal. After an exhaustive study of the situation by my supercomputer powers requiring many man-years, though it takes mere seconds due to my magnificent brain powers, I have discovered an appropriate response. "Bugger."

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Henry in Space...scary thought ;)

7:07 pm  
Blogger T said...

The days between between last thursday, and thursday week wouldn't be missed - simply get rid of them and the problem is gone :)

1:57 am  
Anonymous keith said...

Henry has got to get to the grand controller and prevent him from replacing the BSD system!

2:01 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Lorraine: The space between Henry's ears is actually much more frightening.

t: That sounds too difficult, and I am lazy. Guess I'll have to think of something easier such as "... and Henry saved the universe by... um... Hey, look at the wookie!"

Keith: I hadn't thought of that "Henry meets The Grand Controller". Wow. If only I had some kind of an imagination, or a brain, so that I could make it happen, somehow.

9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home