Sunday, January 29, 2006

Henry and the Rhyme Lord - Part 14

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I creep in through the front door and notice a conspicuous absence of alien ray guns pointed in my direction. After careful consideration I decide that this is a good thing.

The rhyme lord is stetched out on the sofa with the appearance of somebody who has found the key to the liquor cabinet. This may be because he has found the key to the liquor cabinet, or it may be because he is a strange alien creature from another time whose ways are strange and alien to me.

I notice that the rhyme machine appears to have a new coat of paint. Interesting. I also notice the computer I bought back from wherever-it-was is still right where I dropped it on the floor of the time travel device. Perhaps I should take a look, since I am brilliant computer guru, who knows lots of stuff about mega-hurts and giga-shadows and things.

But wait, there is a ringing in my ears - the same ringing that usually warns my highly-tuned super senses of impending danger. I drop the computer again and answer the phone. As the computer strikes the floor and bounces a few feet away to rest against my bookcase I experience a strange wobbling sensation, as though the entire fabric of reality has just shifted slightly, and notice a light shower of rose petals falling outside the window. Damn rain.

"Hello, this is Henry the Adequate, superhero."

"Uh..."

"Hello, this is Henry the Adequate, superhero."

"Did everything just, like, wobble?"

"Absolutely not," I reassure, because I am a naturally reassuring and helpful guy.

"Henry I need to see you."

"Hi June. Why don't you come round here..." It occurs to me that my place is in something of a state at the moment, what with the fire damaged time machine, and the vomit, and the rhyme lord, and the ray gun holes in things. "... Actually your place might be better..." It occurs to me that my sister might be at June's place, what with all the kissing and the naked romping and all that. "...Actually how about we meet someplace."

10 Comments:

Anonymous mu-tiger said...

Someplace is a good place to be. =)

Have you noticed Henry has a small cult following? The good kind, that would follow the likes of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," or something; not the kind that would follow Jimmy Jones...i hope! :O

3:50 am  
Anonymous Miss Ann Thrope said...

yuuuummmm, kool-ade.

4:15 am  
Blogger Ben said...

mu-tiger:
I'm not sure about the "cult" part, but it is definitely a "small" following. Thanks for noticing. Actually I was aiming for an extremely large following who don't give a toss about it but are willing to pay money, but this will do nicely. Thanks to all who stop by regularly.

Miss Ann:
I missed that episode. Have heard of kool-ade, but don't know what it refers to. Actually I haven't a clue who Jimmy Jones is/was either. Some other words I would really like to have explained to me include "World War One" and its sequel, "The Great Depression", "History", "Geography", "The Roman Empire".

What is this internet thing, and who are all you people?

7:41 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I've never been a follower before...mmm

4:28 pm  
Anonymous mu-tiger said...

Jim Jones was the cult leader that, back in the ahhh..70s or early 80s? had his followers ingest cyanide-laced kool-ade at their commune in capetown..because god wanted them to do that, you know.

Ah, yes, here it is, 78.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

6:38 pm  
Anonymous mu-tiger said...

Sorry, not Capetown, but Guyana. Refreshing my memory, now, i was but a wee lass, at the time.

Btw, i unmoderated comments at my blog.

7:13 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Ah, I see. Now if somebody could help me with Speeling, sorry spelling, and Maths.

11:20 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Maybe if you posted your naked photo next to a crocodile...you'd get an extremely large following. I'm sure many, many people would be fascinated with the croc ;)

6:36 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Yes, crocodiles are interesting.

12:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

6:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home