Friday, January 20, 2006

Henry and the Rhyme Lord - Part 11

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I step out of the rhyme machine into darkness, or light, into a crowd, or an aloneness, into doom, or salvation. But that is not the point. The point is that I step out of the time ship, thereby surviving the flaming holocaust that is consuming it. The rest is just, you know, minor niggly little details - like, where I am, what is happening, and all of that, which I shall come to, eventually, when the time is right, when I finally get around to noticing where I am, but for now let us just say "I step out of the rhyme machine".

I step out of the rhyme machine, my super brain abuzz with thoughts of hope and elation and rapid-fire calculations of probability, of the end to this nightmare of universal damnation. And pizza. Thoughts of pizza. I'm hungry.

But that is not all. Somewhere in the churning chaos of my thoughts there is a shadowy voice. And this is not one of the usual voices that live in my head - you know, the ones that tell me to fight crime, or to order extra olives, or to kill you all. No, this is the voice of self-doubt. How long, it demands. How long can I continue to fight the forces of evil darkness, and prevent the earth, indeed the universe, as it teeters on the edge of oblivion, from falling headlong into that void. Who am I to claim a right, or an ability, to boldly alter the course of this universe. Will I ever find that which I seek, have sought for most of this life - a chocolate ice cream pizza with lashings of chocolate sauce and sprinkled with shaved chocolate.

But enough of the wallowing in doubtfulness. The time ship blazes behind me, while before me... I gasp, gaspingly.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if ya find it let me know, sounds yummy!

6:53 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I want some

8:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so did ya get some?

7:25 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

dontcha know?

9:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope

9:52 am  
Blogger Lorraine said...

got none then

6:35 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home