Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Genesis of Henry

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

Of course I was not always a superhero. I used to be just this average guy, until a series of freak accidents gave me my powers.

After falling from the sky, mere toddlers both my sister and I, and being rescued by a kindly old couple who raised us as their own, I was bitten by a radioactive spider, accidentally inhaled some "heavy water" vapors, was involved in a labratory accident in which lightning struck a rack of toxic chemicals causing them to spill on me, discovered that my sister and I had been exposed to cosmic rays during our space voyage, got dropped in a vat of acid, was sugically altered by the government in a secret lab and, finally, had my nappy changed.

Man, that was a busy day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Well that certainly explains everything...waiting so long to have your nappy change, that's just, well freaky.

6:48 pm  
Anonymous msShad said...

SpiderMan?

8:50 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Lorraine:
lol well spotted.

msshad:
lol well spotted. Ok, well some of the bits in today's episode might have been not quite entirely original, but the radioactive spider bit was just totally mine and it's a mega-coincidence that the exact same thing happened to spiderman. Really.

10:12 pm  
Anonymous msShad said...

Glad you cleared that up. Just looking out for your integrity and all that shit.

5:45 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Yes, have heard of integrity. I am definitely familiar with shit, because that's the stuff I am usually up to my neck in.

7:48 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home