Sunday, December 04, 2005

Henry in Wonderland - part 3

The wise old man pours two cups of tea, sits gingerly, and sighs with the pleasure of whatever is currently pleasing him. "Why would your world send a mindless imbercile such as yourself to confront the League of Chaos?"

Clearly he has mistaken me for somebody else, probably due to his enfeebled state, or his blindness, or a strange and wonderous capacity for un-truth seeing. "My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero," I explain carefully and clearly, just in case he is also deaf.

"I suppose you would like me to tell you about the Chaos Lords, Henry the Adequate."

"Sure." Of course with my massive intellect I could no doubt work it out for myself, but the tea is nice, and I need to hide out until the coast is clear anyway.

"This DRI is at a nexus - a convergeance of the various space-time vortices. From here it is theoretically possible to access all realities."

"Sorry, DRI? Direct Rendering Infrastructure?"

"Dimensional Reality Instance. Anyway...".

"And GLX is?"

"Some kind of car. Listen. The Robotic League of Chaos arose here several decades ago. Some say they came from another DRI. Others insist that they were designed by the same scientists who developed the first Chaos Point. Since all knowledge here is controlled by the Chaos Lords, this may remain a mystery."

"So, why are you telling me all of this?" For some reason I am getting a very strange feeling in my left hand lobe. Perhaps it is the oddness of this adventure finally catching up with me. Perhaps it is my super-senses tingling a warning of impending danger. Or perhaps it is because I have watched this scene in every bad movie ever made. Scene Three: A helpful stranger explains to our hero everything he needs to know.

Ha! It matters not. I am Henry the Adequate, superhero, and I will not be stymied by mere danger, or bad writing. I will triumph over this evil, just as I have triumphed over all others.

"... and that is how you can defeat the League of Chaos. Are you listening?"

Uh... "Yeah, sure, got all of that. There's just one thing..."

"What is it?"

"What did GLX mean again?"

The wise old man is silent for a moment, with an odd look of intense comprehension on his face. "Do you have a sidekick I can explain this to?"

5 Comments:

Blogger Christina Writes 1 said...

Yo...Ben. Great concept with "Henry the A." I imagine it would be quite popular if you found a larger audience--or someone to go halfsies with you art-wise on the comic strip part. Our blogs are so different! Word...

11:12 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

*laughing*

I love it...love the idea and the writing...

Minerva

1:36 am  
Blogger Ben said...

It would be an interesting experiment to do a Henry strip.

I am uncertain as to whether I could make it work - do tend to go on a bit, and comics need to be kind of terse. Don't know if I can be funny that way.

Of course it has not yet been demonstrated that I can be funny this way either. :)

Minerva: Thanks for stopping by. Was also going to say thanks for the praise, but then I wasn't sure if it was my writing you loved, or Christina's. Congratulations on the smacks. I am jealous because I only got four of them.

7:08 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

*sigh*
Oh ye of little faith..Yours of course!
As for your smacks, now I understand what you mean when you said the old man sat down gingerly...

Minerva

7:26 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Actually I just meant that his name is Ginger, but it could work the other way too. Thanks for noticing.

Me of little faith thanks you.

7:45 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home