Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Henry and the Rhyme Lord

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I am roaming the footpaths in search of supervillians, or God, or supervillain gods like in Buffy, when I notice a strange looking grey box materialize out of nowhere. I notice it because of my extra-sensory powers of super perception, and because it materializes on my foot. A door in the thing opens and a dishevilled person with big hair and a strange overcoat emerges, stretches, and starts off down the street.

"Hey you!" I call commandingly in my huge booming super-heroic voice.

"Me?"

"Yes, you!" I boom regally, my chest thrust expandingly and my enormous muscles flexing with intimidation powers tuned to maximum, "Identify yourself!"

He returns obligingly. "I'm the doctor."

"Doctor who? What is your name, and why are you dressed thusly."

"No, my name is Doctor What," he replies, thereby narrowly averting a major international lawsuit by the narrowest of margins.

"Well, Doctor Whatever, I am Henry the Adequate, superhero! And what is this thing?"

"Oh excellent, excellent. Just the kind of person I'm looking for. This is my TARDIS," he announces excitedly and with much pride as though the object is something to be proud of.

"Well do you think you could get it off my foot?"

"Oh, sorry."

"What does TARDIS stand for, anyway," I inquire casually as he procedes to press some buttons on what looks like a TV remote control, causing the object to lift off slightly. There is only a slight amount of extreme pain as feeling begins to return to my foot.

"Time and Rhyming Dimensions in Superherodom," he replies with even greater enthusiasm, "I am a Rhyme Lord."

"This is a joke, right?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

How do you do it??? LOL

3:36 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Close my eyes and press keys at random.

4:56 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

so there the fabulous fame of fabrication I'm groping, lunging and being king
OMG, it works

6:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home