Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Henry and the Rhyme Lord - part 2

"What does TARDIS stand for, anyway," I inquire casually as he procedes to press some buttons on what looks like a TV remote control, causing the object to lift off slightly. There is only a slight amount of extreme pain as feeling begins to return to my foot.

"Time and Rhyming Dimensions in Superherodom," he replies with even greater enthusiasm, "I am a Rhyme Lord."

"This is a joke, right?" And not a very good one at that.

"Oh no," he explains denyingly, while I am busy desperately hoping nobody notices that I ripped half the previous episode and put it into this one so I don't have to write so much today, but anyway it's the holidays, so bugger off. "You must come with me right now!"

"Why?"

"The fate of the universe depends on it, now follow me!" He hurries into the grey box. I follow because, you know, this kind of situation always works out well in the movies.

"So what's going on?" I demand with all of my superhuman powers of speech, "and why is your tardis smaller on the inside than it is on the outside?"

"You're not taking into account the thickness of the walls."

"Oh, yes that would be it. Not very roomy is it."

"I need to get to the controls over there." We manouvre around each other a bit until he can get past me, then he begins speaking into some kind of grille. "Um... Henry and me, going to... um... tea... and then we will see....um... universally..."

I decide at this point that the so called "rhyme lord" is just a little bit monumentally insane, and that it was probably a mistake for me to follow him into this tiny coffin-shaped coffin. I push open the door and step out into the primordial rainforest, glad to be free of that lunatic rhyme lord. Now I think it is time for pizza.

This proves to be a little difficult as the pizza shop is not where I left it. There also seems to be a significant absense of streets, cars, houses, and humans.

"See, there's the problem," remarks the rhyming nutter from behind me, "This is the most advanced rhyme powered time machine ever invented, but here we are, not even in the right universe."

I grab him by the throat and slam him into the nearest tree. "What have you done with my pizza shop, fiend!"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to Cali !!!!

4:03 am  
Anonymous MsShad said...

I noticed that you desparately ripped off half of the previous post to fill half of this one.

7:12 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Damn, I was hoping nobody would notice that.

7:55 am  
Blogger Ben said...

PS Who or what is Cali?

1:56 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I noticed that you desperately ripped off half of the previous post to fill half of this one.

3:35 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Damn, I was hoping nobody would notice that. Then I was hoping people would be too polite to mention it.

4:57 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Not a snowball's chance in hell :)

6:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home