Thursday, December 29, 2005

Henry and Louise - Age Nine

"Did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" The creepy evil looking man pointed his gun at me menacingly.

"Yes, actually, I did," said I, honestly and with some conviction.

"What? um... Are you sure you understood the question?"

"Devil. Moonlight. Dancing. Sure." I looked at him innocently but with a deep intelligence beyond my years.

He became somewhat frantic at this point, and berated me, arms waving expressively. "No, no it's a rhetorical question - you're not supposed to answer in the affirmative. Clearly nobody has ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight."

"Obviously you have not met my sister."

"Sister?"

"Here she is now. Louise, say hello to the nice man with the big gun."

Even after all these years I still feel sorry for him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

LOL

6:07 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

:)

6:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home