Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Henry gets Spiritual

[This post refers to Henry in Research Mode, and Henry Questions Miss Stanley, and possibly Uncle Frank ]

The next address is a run down looking hall. I enter, and survey the area. A small crowd has assembled. They sit on mats on the floor. Some have bean-bags. A large man at the front of the group, who may be their leader, sees me and waves me over.

"Om Mani Padma Hum boys and girls. Welcome to our Erehwon Road retreat. I am the Grand Surveyor"

"Uncle Frank? What are you doing here?" Last I heard my uncle Frank had been locked away somewhere nice and comfortable, and quiet, with soft walls, and friendly people to look after him.

"Sacred Cows make the best hamburger, Henry" His eyes glow with pios self-knowledge, or possibly gleam with insanity. At this point I am not certain.

"Uh, so, Uncle Frank, I am looking for Miss Stanley." I will not be distracted from my mission.

"That is I," he announces, and raises his arms to the heavens as though bestowing a blessing on all present.

At this point I am beginning to lean toward the "gleam of insanity" theory. "Why are you calling yourself Miss Stanley, uncle Frank?"

"Because I do miss Stanley. For the great profit Stanley did come down from the heavens and bestow upon his people the fifedom of the fragmentation! And all was well in the garden of Mandelbrot for a time. And then he was gone, and there was much sorrow. Also Henry, never sit in the front pew...there are no barf bags."

"I see." It is becoming apparent that I will not find my answers here,
although the barf bag advice will no doubt prove useful. "Well, uncle Frank, it's good to see you're feeling better and no longer think you're a poodle, but I have important criminal masterminds to aprehend, so now I must be leaving."

"Woof."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will burn in hell!!!!!

7:04 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Thanks. That's what I'm aiming for, god boy.

8:57 pm  
Blogger Lorraine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:55 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home