Thursday, November 24, 2005

Henry at Puppeteer Joe's

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

Puppeteer Joe's pizzeria is strangely empty. On the counter is a bell. I pound on it for a few minutes. Nothing. Behind the counter is a lot of nothingness. There is no till, no food stocks, no oven. I ring the bell some more. Damn the service here is lousy. I wander through to the back room. It is empty. I am beginning to suspect that they have packed up and left or something. Perhaps they heard that I had survived the futile attempt on my life and have fled the area. Damn, I was hungry too, and now will have to find another pizza shop.

I tune up my ultra-wave super-visual xray-vision and scan the entire building from stem to stern, but it all appears to be ship-shape, and a bottle of rum. I decide to drop the nautical expressions and look for clues. I find several scraps of paper. One has an address. My address actually. The other appears to be a recipe for some kind of explosive. Or lasagne. I'm not really sure which.

I collect a few other pieces of junk (some hand grenades, a rocket launcher, wooden body parts) and leave. I estimate, using my super time sense, and my watch, that it is just a little before dawn. My bare behind tells me that the temperature is approximately "bloody cold". Damn those hospital robes.

Disheartened and exhaused, and yet still determined to prevail, I head for home.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Henry (not the candy bar) Oh Henry, I love you so. But I guess my love will have to be unrequited. You don't even know I'm alive, but I am a crimefighter just like you. Henry you definitely need me to take care of you, all that pizza even the regular kind without poison or explosives is going to kill you one of these days. Henry, you need to eat some green veggies and lean red meat! Come, lets live out lives and fight pirates and darkness monsters together!

7:30 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Henry is a candy bar? What kind of a moron would name a candy bar Henry?

I certainly hope you're alive. If dead people are now leaving weblog comments then woooo, freaky. Please bring back the comment spam because this is getting weird.

Henry is immune to the bad effects of pizza and other junk food, on account of being a superhero, and fictional. But thank you for your concern. :)

I do believe that the story needs some pirates, and possibly darkness monsters. On the other hand working them into it right now seems tricky, and I am nothing if not lazy.

8:12 am  
Blogger corpus said...

Yay! Henry DOES have super hero powers.

And here I was going on hoplessly thinking that he didn't. :-{

12:15 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Henry has many interesting superpowers. Everything about Henry is super, especially his ability to consume large quantities of pizza and coke with no ill effect.

1:21 pm  
Blogger corpus said...

Now that's a REAL super-power if I heard one. ;)

2:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home