Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Henry and the Party

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I struggle into wakefulness, strange dreams dissolving into distant memory, almost instanly alert, as my super senses warn me that something is amiss. What could have triggered such a reaction. What subtle hint impinged itself on my ultra-sensitive awareness? Perhaps it is the party raging next door.

The world spins wildly about my head as I slide out of bed, slump into the bathroom, throw up violently, shudder, then stumble out to deal with the party. The pounding outside of my head matches the pounding inside as I knock, and wait, swaying gently in the breeze.

A strange herbal smell wafts from the room, preceded by a massive blast of something akin to music, as the door is opened to reveal a black t-shirt wrapped around a guy I'm having trouble focusing on at the moment. After a second he speaks. "Man you look like shit." I am used to hearing this. Apparently people just don't get my rugged good looks. "Yeah, and maybe you should put some clothes on man."

"Music's too loud," I groan, a look of grim determination completely failing to dislodge the look of grim neardeathedness that has attached itself firmly to the front of my skull.

"Screw you!" he announces. This is starting to seem really confrontational. It seems even more so after I finish projectile vomiting all over him. I am beginning to suspect that I need medical attention, nowish.

There is only one solution to all of these problems. I reduce the house to a pile of ash that smells vaguely of charred flesh and that herbal stuff. Then I decide to fall down and pass out a little bit.

Soon I am vaguely aware of the too-familiar sound of fire engines. Paramedics cannot be far behind. Then I am aware of nothing for a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger corpus said...

Henry toked up?? Uh-oh.

12:07 pm  
Blogger corpus said...

Whaaa? I wake up and find nothing about my super-cool hero? What's this world coming to??

11:11 am  
Blogger Ben said...

?
"Henry and the Hospital." Posted 6am this morning.

11:13 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home