Friday, November 18, 2005

Henry and Louise - Rendezvous part 2

...Henry," she whispers, "everybody in this place except for you and I, and that newsreader guy, is a wooden puppet. We need to leave now."

"Oh, yeah, I see. Bugger." Under normal circumstances I should have noticed, what with the strings, and the identical clothes, and the fact that they are made of wood. But these are not normal circumstances. No, clearly some kind of mind control device has been used on me.

"You ready?"

I know what we have to do now, but it always freaks me out a little. Gulp. "Yes."

Louise grabs my hand, and in an instant our powers meld and flow and multiply, so that we become more than the sum of the bits that we are made up of. I feel all of my powers amplified to the nth degree. The hunger and the urgency of her evil soul fills me with both loathing and pleasure as, hands locked, bolts of energy crackling and waving between, we stand as one and survey the area.

The sinister looking puppet creatures are also rising, except for two who seem to have got their strings tangled together. How embarassing for them. They move with relentless precision to attack us.

We glance at each other, nod, then bravely and gallantly get the hell out of there. In a blinding burst of speed we flee the devious and subtle trap that has been laid for us.


"So, Dizzy, why did you want to see me?" I pour her a strong drink.

"We have a common enemy, Henry." She tosses back the drink as though it is merely water. Actually it is merely water. Very strong water though. I should probably get some other kind of drinks. "What do you know about the puppet-master?"

"I am certain he is an evil dark lord bent on world domination!" I announce grandly.

"Well that's useful."

"What has he done to you Dizzy?" I question shrewdly. If Louise wants to play these mental games with me she will find a most worthy adversary.

"Those damn puppets raided several of my, um, businesses," she admits. Ah ha, and she thought she could cross mental swords with the grand master of brain chess himself.

"If you are referring to your robotics lab, Dizzy, that was me!" Time to press my advantage in this little game of the Chinese roulette standoff game.

"I don't have a robotics lab Henry you moron. Tell me what you know."

"I know that if we order pizza before six oclock it is half price." Always keep your opponent off balance - that's my motto. Well that and "Never eat the last bit of peanut butter in the bottom of the jar". Also, "Evil-doing is bad for your karmic stuff, so be good instead." I have a lot of mottos.

We order pizza.

[To be continued, Maybe]

8 Comments:

Blogger corpus said...

You should totally continue this. I'm a huge comic book/graphic novel fan/geek/hot mama.

Reminds me of the "Preacher" series.

Have you ever read that?

12:34 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Gee you change your avatar a lot.

I have never read the Preacher series. Am not a huge comic book/graphic novel fan. I am also not a hot mama. My geekiness level has not been measured recently on account of the local geekometer being broken. Apparently the council do not believe it is worth repairing. Bastards.

My favourite comic is Groo the Wanderer. Groo was grouse.
Currently I read a few online strips:
Dilbert, ctrl+alt+del, Atland, Concerned, User Friendly. That's about all.

12:52 pm  
Blogger corpus said...

Chama,chama,chama,chama,chama,
chamilion...
Yeah, that's me. I love Frida, so I chose this photo. Would you prefer I go back to the pic of my blurred out face? I mean, I can, if that will make your life more pleasant.

I'll have to check out Groo. Sounds interesting. I've always wanted to read RoganGosh, but Holywood will find some way to fuck things up by making another shitty caped hero picture out of it and than all I will be stuck with is this film w. no imagination or creativity of my own to build from.

Fuck hollywood.

Sorry for all the cursing. This is a PG-13 site, correct?

1:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Bearish Call on China TechFaith Wireless
Congratulations to all those who profited from the lively discussion of China TechFaith Wireless on The China Stock Blog over the last couple of months.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to highway construction project on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like highway construction project!

1:03 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Isis:
Was just commenting. Don't change your photo on my account.

Groo is old and possibly out of print.
I totally agree with your sentiments re Hollywood. Those wankers.

No this is a G site. Henry is meant for kids - couldn't you tell?

Mr Anonymous:
Do you have any idea how much a highway construction project costs? Fuck, I can't even afford to replace my crappy old car. You must be fucking insane. Also please stop talking about "lively discussions". We all know that is just code for wild humping, and this is supposed to be a kids' site. So for christ sake shut the fuck up.

1:18 pm  
Blogger corpus said...

Yeah, because I am sooooooo hot ;-)

1:33 pm  
Blogger corpus said...

What's karmic? Or did you mean karma?

2:11 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Yeah, karmic as in karma. That's a word, isn't it? And if not, who the hell cares.

2:42 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home