Friday, October 14, 2005

Hi Tech Henry

It's morning. I have been following a suspicious looking scoundrel for several hours, certain that he will lead me to the supervillain behind the evil that has afflicted our city...


Hey look, computers. Just what I need to fight crime. I go into the shop. Fortunately I am well versed in the latest technology. I scan the shelves. Ah ha! This one looks just right.

"Can I help you," asks the shop person.

"Yes, I'd like to buy this computer here. And I'll need a broadwave internet rooter for it."

"That," he says, indicating the computer, "is a fax machine." He seems very happy all of a sudden, probably at the prospect of a sale.

"Oh." I am impressed. "And where does the internet plug in?" He makes a strange choking sound deep in his throat, and has to excuse himself. "That's ok. I'll just look at these here tiny little typewriters while I'm waiting".

He returns. "Sorry, had to take a call. What you'll need for the internet is an entirely different kind of fax machine - like these ones here." He indicates one of the tiny typewriters.

"That can send faxes?" I am amazed. This must be brand new technology.

"Among other things," he assures me.

I am impressed by his knowledge and dedication, and offer him a job as my sidekick, but apparently he is contracted to work in the computer shop until hell freezes over.

"Ok," he says, "how would you like to pay for that?"

"Ah..." Now here's a development I had not anticipated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:00 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Damn comment spam.

12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home