Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Henry To The Rescue

There is a young lady. Rather attractive actually. She is trying to start her car, but my super-keen senses tell me that the battery is flat. "What seems to be the problem miss?"

"What the..." She is startled to see me. No doubt many thoughts are rushing through her mind at this point, such as "Who is that masked man", and "How did he suddenly appear, and how does he know I require assistance", and "Be still my pounding heart". "So," she says, "Why are you wearing your boxers on the outside?"

"My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero." I can tell she is impressed. It is only natural.

"Don't come any closer. I have Mace." It is very endearing that she wishes to impress me with such a demonstration of courage.

"There is no cause for alarm. Perhaps I can help..." She seems uncertain about something - I'm not sure what - but I convince her to pop the bonnet. "Hmm." I locate the battery. There are a lot of other thingies in there too. Wires, and stuff. I don't really understand any of it. "Yes, I am very familiar with this model, and I am certain that I can fix it."

I use my super-electro powers to recharge her battery. There is a flash, an arc of super-charged electro-dynamicness. Molten metal drips from some big blob of metallic stuff that I'm hoping is not essential. I close the bonnet. It seems to have become warped somehow and will not close completely. I use my super-xray-Heat powers to weld it shut.

"What's going on?" She is still behind the wheel, but seems somehow excited. "What happened?" I give her two thumbs up and signal that she should try the key. The engine roars to life. She is clearly pleased. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. You know, perhaps we could... ".

But she is gone. It matters not, just so long as I can fulfill my glorious destiny. Superness is it's own reward. Sigh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you keep saving my ass...thank you!!!

could ya help erase the last day....maybe a little of your superness powers of some sort. I promise it won't happen again.

lol....miss ya handsome

1:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

unless I knew...hmmm I bet I'd do it for you

7:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home