Friday, October 28, 2005

Henry and the Giant Robotic Dinosaur

My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

"Everybody run for your lives, it's a giant robotic dinosaur!" I shout this warning as I leap heroically into action.

Chaos ensues. All about citizens of our fine city flee in panic. I notice a fool who is not fleeing. Instead he stands and stares up at the monstrosity, as though willing himself to be eaten. The fool. "Hey," I yell heroically, "Get out of there!" But he does not listen, and I do not have time to save those that do not want to be saved. The hideous mechanical monstrosity crushes him like a bug.

I notice an attractive young lady who is not fleeing. Instead she stands and stares up at the monstrosity, as though stricken by panic. "Hey," I yell heroically, "Get out of there!" But she appears unable to respond. I immediately leap to the rescue with no thought to my own safety. Using my super speed I snatch her from certain death as the creature's massive foot comes crashing down behind us.

I deposit her safely out of harm's way, then turn my attention back to the mechanical monster. "Who was that masked man," she says, as I charge fearlessly into the fray, "and why is he wearing his underwear on the outside?"

I dodge the thrashing tail and slip easily between its legs, my tremendous x-ray vision probing it for weaknesses even as I evade those enormous, blood encrusted, feet. Suddenly, in a huge and glaring plot inconsistency, it is gone.

"Damn! You will not escape me next time, giant robotic dinosaur!" I wonder who was controlling it, and how they are connected with my evil sister. I wonder where it will strike next. I wonder if the evil slave masters I have been tracking have any more tricks up their sleeves. (Actually it is summer, so they may not be wearing long sleeves) I wonder if I can make it home in time to watch Buffy.

2 Comments:

Blogger sprocket2cog said...

interesting post, :)
long live the evil dinosaur,
sprocket2cog, robot destroyer !!

6:14 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Thanks. I think the giant robotic dinosaurs should make a comeback of some kind.

6:45 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home