Saturday, October 29, 2005

Another Miss Stanley

[This post refers to Henry in Research Mode]
My name is Henry the Adequate, and I am a superhero.

I knock. The door opens. "Miss Stanley, I am..."

"What, you!" The old lady has a look of shocked recognition on her face. It swiftly transmogrifies into one of pure hatred. Presumably there is somebody standing behind me that she recognizes. "I do not want to go to the other side of the street! I like this side of the street! Now go away!!" She slams the door. Strangely enought I notice that there is nobody standing behind me. Perhaps she is insane.

I wonder if all those exclamation points might be some kind of clue. I move on, ever vigilant, determined to complete my sacred quest to interrogate all of the Miss Stanleys. Nothing will divert me from my objective now. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor mechanical dinosaur, nor...

Hey look, a kitten stuck in a tree. This looks like a job for... Henry the Adequate! ta da.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get it.

7:08 pm  
Blogger iwrite said...

Okay, I'm obeying your wishes and reading in reverse. Rabidly curious if Henry got the kitten out of the tree!
:)
Leigh
www.thespinningpen.blogspot.com

5:31 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Those poor kittens :)

8:34 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home